Wednesday 23 October 2013

Bubble beard and giggles with Matey

Bathtimes are happy times usually, unless I tell my little man it is a high time to wash his hair, then he makes the tragic eyes and implores "Mama, tomorrow", and then the next day the story is repeated, that tomorrow would never come if I agreed with him. However, if there is no "threat" of hair-washing looming, my son is very happy to play in the bath, splashing the water, chasing the bubbles, singing and laughing. We have a whole collection of toys next to the bath, and Eddie is very reluctant to get out, as he enjoys playing with his bath toys and books so much. If you have young children, you are probably well aware of the Matey bubble bath products in funky big bottles. Now the collection of Mateys includes a new limited edition book from Matey bubble bath. It is called Matey Bubble Fun.



Max Matey and his buddies Molly Matey and Peg Leg live on a Scrub-a-Dub island where the good ship Matey is docked. Unscrew the top hat and pour the lovely smelling bubble bath in the water.
A bottle of Matey makes up to 30 baths. And it is truly very bubbly.



With its hypoallergenic and skin-pH neutral formulation, it is kind to sensitive skin.
Funnily enough, it was my husband who was the first to test the bubble bath. He was running a bath for himself and I offered him a bottle of Matey and said jokingly that my blog readers might demand the photos of the product being used.
All four of us have tested the bubble bath (on separate occasions, I hasten to add) and enjoyed the lovely scent.







A recent research revealed that 60% of parents consider the bathtime one of the most important bonding experiences with their child.
"The research commissioned by Matey bubble bath also found that over a third of parents (38%) agree that bathtime with their children is a highlight of their day, with 43% admitting to looking forward to bath time".
I know my guys are always looking forward to their bathtime and bedtime story after the bath.
And if you are curious to find out what were the top ten parent-child bonding experiences as chosen by parents they are:
1. Having a cuddle (29%)
2. Playing together (22%)
3. Reading a story (15%)
4. Bathtime (9%)
5. Chatting (6%)
6. Mealtimes and feeding (5%)
7. Going for a walk (5%)
8. Bedtime (3%)
9. Watching a film or cartoons (3%)
10. Listening to the music (2%)

Some parents admit that the bathtime could be pretty stressful. To help parents to make the bathtime a fun experience for both kids and parents, Matey has produced a limited edition waterproof book.
Matey Bubble Fun (book) is written by Emma Greaves and features the familiar characters: Max, Molly and Peg Leg. It is made of PEVA & PU foam and floats in the bath.
Emma Greaves is a Mum of two from Surrey. She won the writing competition run by Matey and is now a published author.
There are not that many pages in the book, and it is just the right length for reading in the bath. Colourful illustrations will appeal to little readers.





Just as the book says "Sail with Max Matey in his big, bath boat, Make him a bubble beard and go for a float".

Bubble beard


I treasure the bathtime with my little man, soon enough he will be too big to have me around at bathtimes, and I will look back at these days with nostalgia.


Disclosure: we received a bottle of Matey bubble bath and Matey bubble fun book for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are mine.




9 comments:

  1. Pam Francis Gregory25 October 2013 at 21:06

    I didn't realise Matey was still around! I remember using this myself, many, many years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow reminds me of my childhood

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I always remember getting a bottle every Christmas as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Matey from my childhood in the 70s and we still use it now - though we tend to get the mermaid bottle for my two girly girls. Great lasting bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww such happy memories of matey

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete