Thursday 18 December 2014

Echinaforce - cold & flu herbal remedy from A.Vogel

'Tis the season to be jolly, but alas it is also the season when many people suffer from cold and flu. Now I would rather cut off my arm than have a flu shot. This is a personal choice, of course, and I would never give unsolicited advice to anyone who religiously does flu shots every winter. For me the side effects far outweigh the unproved promised protection. With two kids going to school and catching all kinds of viruses, it is almost impossible for me to avoid catching a cold. Life is miserable when you have a cough and a runny nose, when your throat feels sore and a nose is so congested you can hardly smell anything. Not a big fan of over-the-counter medicines, I am always interested in finding alternative ways of alleviating cold and flu symptoms. Unable to shift a cough for a few weeks on an on and off basis, I was glad to test a new for me medication from A.Vogel - Echinaforce Hot Drink and Echinaforce Forte Cold & Flu tablets.




I have tried Echinaforce Hot Drink first. This soothing hot drink tastes lovely. Sometimes with herbal remedies you almost force yourself to take them, as they taste vile. Not this drink.
It combines Echinacea root and herb extracts with Black Elderberry (Sambucus nigra).
I have had a very sore throat, when I tried it first. It is also good to help fighting off such symptoms as aching limbs and headaches. While my limbs weren't affected, my head was a bit fuzzy.
The hot drink actually cleared my head pretty well, as well as soothed my throat. And though it wasn't an overnight miracle, in a few days I felt much-much better.



As you can see from the photos, the hot drink has a dark ruby red colour. You only need a spoonful for a cup of hot water.
Like all medicines, this product can cause side effects, but I haven't experienced them. My stomach is quite sensitive, and I usually have a stomach discomfort with the usual over-the-counter cold medicines. I can only say that Echinaforce Hot Drink didn't cause me any trouble.


Echinaforce Forte Cold & Flu tablets is made from the same herbal extract of freshly harvested, organically grown Echinacea purpurea. As it comes in tablets, it might be an easier way to carry a pack with you. Very convenient to take on a trip.
This traditional herbal medicinal product is used to relieve the symptoms of the common cold and flu type infections.
Sadly both products are not suitable for children under 12 because of its high strength formulation.

I have been taking both the tablets and hot drink for over a week, and they certainly helped me to shift that darned cold and cough. I am feeling human again.




Disclosure: I received two A.Vogel products for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are mine.

1 comment:

  1. nice post you have share :) quite informative :)

    ReplyDelete