Saturday 25 April 2015

Photo diary: week 17, 365

Last week it was all about our garden. The weeds had a growth spurt, and it is a never-ending battle. When Eddie and I walk, we enjoy looking at the clouds and imagining what they look like.
Last Sunday we had a bit of a creative argument with Eddie. I said the cloud looked like a bighorn sheep, while my little man insisted it was a Mummy whale with two babies in the deep blue sea. What do you see?



20.04: I have spotted this gorgeous European Peacock (Aglais io) in our garden. It kept fluttering its wings, and I took 40+ photos, just clicking non-stop before I managed to catch a perfect moment. Love this photo, and feel mighty proud of it. In Russia this butterfly is known as "pavlinii glaz", literally a peacock's eye.


21.04: Eddie still gets pretty tired after school, and often falls asleep around 5 or 6pm. I was chatting with him, he was playing with his toys one moment, then I went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea. A couple of minutes later I found him fast asleep, semi-standing, with his face down. This photo is surely deserving to be counted among the family classics. One to show his future girlfriend perhaps?



22.04: We have two juneberry plants in the garden. I love their berries, so sweet and juicy. They grow in abundance in my home town, that's why I planted them in our garden, to recreate a piece of homeland. Their blossom is white and fragile, pretty and mildly fragrant.

Juneberry blossom
23.04: Meet our new pets - a whole tub of tadpoles. Hopefully we'll have some baby frogs soon.



24.04: This pretty green Euphorbia characias wulfenii has been growing in our garden for years, just outside our kitchen windows.


Euphorbia characias wulfenii

25.04: The plum blossom has already almost all gone, and the apple trees only just started to show the bright pink buds, which soon will go paler and paler as they unravel and grow bigger.




TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

12 comments:

  1. Ahhh the falling asleep pic is so cute. Z hasn't done that in a while but he used to do it by just curling up on the floor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, love the photo of Eddie asleep! It amazes me where and how kids fall asleep! Great shots, especially the butterfly one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo! There are some fab moments when they fall asleep so fast, as if there's a magic switch turned off

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see all the signs of spring in the garden ... bring on the summer ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, bring it on, only not too hot please. :)

      Delete
  4. Your garden sounds beautiful! I've not heard of juneberries but the blossom looks lovely. And what an amazing butterfly snap! Oh, a whale ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think juneberries are originally from the North America, though they got very popular in Russia as well, I guess the climate is similar. They are very tasty, like blueberries

      Delete
  5. Wow, the peacock shot is stunning, you're right to be proud of that. Beautiful shots of your plants, too. Hopefully we can join you again in the garden this summer.

    LOVE the photo of Eddie falling asleep standing up Sophia went nose-first into her book on the floor the other day, it's amazing how quickly they go from awake to completely out of it.

    I'm afraid I'm with Eddie on the mummy whale though!

    Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leta! And bless Sophia, that sounds very cute.

      Delete
  6. Lovely sunny photos! I love how children can just fall asleep anywhere - definitely a photo to keep for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I had such a lucky ability to fall asleep fast, takes me ages to drift off

      Delete