Sunday 9 September 2018

Photo diary: week 36, project 365

September is a transitional month, you still have very warm days reminiscent of the summer, yet the evenings are getting dark earlier and earlier, and there is a chill in the air in the mornings.
Last week the school started. While Eddie went back to school on Tuesday, Sasha wasn't supposed to go back to school until Thursday.
Unfortunately his SEN officer and transport department made a total mess with the transport request. And sadly it's not the first time they get it wrong.
He is starting a new school out of town, and needs transport to get there. It's unrealistic for us to take him to school, as it would take two buses, and then walking along the busy road. With my husband's work commitments, he wouldn't be able to take him to and back from school. I can't do it either, as that would mean spending my day on transport all the day, going to and fro, plus Eddie goes to a local school. Anyway, for Sasha's safety and anxiety, he needs a school transport. Which didn't happen. We spent hours this week on the phone, trying to sort out the issue.
My hunch is that the person responsible for doing the request back in summer didn't do it until the last moment, and then ignored my messages and calls.
Frustrating, so frustrating...

garden in September

I recently finished Her Name was Rose, which was promoted as the must-read for summer.
It was a gripping thriller, but I couldn't relate to any character, and found the main heroine extremely annoying.


Eddie was a bit reluctant to go back to school on Tuesday. We got too lazy in summer, getting up and going to bed late, and it was difficult to get ready quickly in the morning.
I cooked cauliflower with flaked almonds, coconut and spices.


We have quite a few hazelnuts in the garden. The problem is either to pick them up now, when they are still ripening, or leave them until later and most likely be eaten by squirrels.


Some evenings I don't fancy cooking. On Thursday we have a market in town, and I bought some beautiful cheese, plums and figs.


Eddie and I are enjoying our evening reading sessions together. We've just finished reading Emma Carroll's Secrets of a Sun King. He loved it a lot, so we moved onto the next book by the same author, called The Girl who walked on air.
The pop-up book in the background is my recent find in one of the charity shops.

historical fiction for children

Yesterday we went to the swimming pool, and later to Sainsbury's cafe, where boys wanted chips - no surprises here.


18 comments:

  1. I hate books that don't capture me immediately... that one sounds like something I need to avoid! #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Naomi, I didn't hate the book, but just didn't find any of the characters appealing.

      Delete
  2. so sorry to hear about Sasha's transport, so bloody annoying when people don't do their jobs properly and ignore requests. The cheeses and figs look lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! Another hectic morning, with no transport, had to beg friends to take Eddie to school while waiting for transport. Argghh, so frustrating.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about the mix-up with Sasha's transport, that must be so frustrating! I haven't heard of that book, but I think I'll give it a miss! Your cauliflower dish looks delicious.
    My daughter and I read an Emma Carroll book recently - Letters from the Lighthouse. It was brilliant, but perhaps one to save for Eddie to read in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Is the book too sad, or has grown-up themes? The one we're reading now is perfectly age-appropriate for him. We've got two more of Emma Carroll's books to read later.

      Delete
  4. That sounds so frustrating about the school transport for Sasha.
    The food all looks amazing, especially that cheese board. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! I love cheese too much, and that affects my waistline. :)

      Delete
  5. Aaaggghhh and breathe (for the school transport) - hope you managed to get it sorted. It's always such a nightmare when things like that get overlooked. :-/ Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl, sadly the transport is still not solved, and nobody tells us when exactly it will be coming.

      Delete
  6. how very irritating on the transport front, hope they sort it soon for you, he does not want to be missing too much of a new school.
    Loving your cheese and fig photo, so arty, and yes some nights we have a roll or toast and a tin.
    Will the hazelnuts keep ripening if you pick them now? They are my fav nut but saldy now on my allergy list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine! Are you allergic to all nuts, or just hazelnuts? We love cheese and figs combo for dinner.

      Delete
  7. We used to have hazel nuts in the garden when I was a child, the squirrels always won the race for them. I wish my son loved reading like Eddie does. It's such a battle here, which makes me sad. I hope that the transport issue for Sasha is resolved this week, madness that they haven't sorted it out for a child who clearly would need things to run smoothly. #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! Eddie is very good with reading, and is an avid reader. Maths is a different issue altogether, while I believe Monkey enjoys maths.

      Delete
  8. I hope the transport is sorted soon, how worrying for you! #project365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! That's sorted out now, thanks goodness.

      Delete
  9. Dear Galina
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos.And all the things about septemeber and so sorry to hear about the mix-up with Sasha's transport and it really makes me sad . You ha ve two wonderful boys and sharing all the photos of themand the life of everyday warms my heart up.
    Still fighting for my health but I will make it with Gods will.
    Hugs!

    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2018/09/epilation-au-sucre-sugar-hair-removal.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helena, thankfully the transport has been sorted now.

      Delete