Monday 27 April 2015

InstaNatural Serums

I have been using different brands of serums for several years, on and off. I haven't heard of InstaNatural before, so this was my first experience of the brand.



I first tried InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum For Face.
I liked the design of the bottle, which reminded me of the vintage apothecary glassware.
The smell is citrussy, not like a fresh citrus, more of a dried orange pomander for Christmas minus the cloves. It is a pleasant smell, which doesn't linger long once you apply it to skin.
It has a vibrant deep yellow colour.



The bottle comes with a pipette dispenser.
The serum applies easily and absorbs very quickly without a greasy residue. You need a small amount, literally a big drop, on your fingertips to smooth it over your face. The skin instantly feels and looks smooth and moisturised.
Quite a lot of serums I have tried leave you skin sticky and you often need to make a pause before applying anything else over it, but Vitamin C Serum doesn't have that effect. I can apply make-up immediately after the serum.
I love products with natural ingredients, and this product doesn't disappoint. It includes Organic Rosehip oil, Sea Buckthorn oil, Organic Argan oil, plant stem cells, carrot seed oil, pomegranate as well as 20% Vitamin C, Vitamin E and ore. These ingredients are supposed to boost the skin tone and look and fight the signs of aging.
The skin stays smooth for the duration of the day. I have used this serum for just over a week, and noticed that it did give me a smoother complexion and more even tone.
I don't have problems with discolouration or pigmentation issues, so cannot vouch for that.

In the second week of testing I used a different serum from InstaNatural.

InstaNatural Premium Hydration Hyaluronic acid serum is an anti-aging serum made with such ingredients as Vitamin C, Green tea, Jojoba oil and other antioxidants which aim to rejuvenate your skin. I love the idea of natural ingredients, and rose and green tea are my favourite aromas.
Love the aroma: first rose, then green tea.
The serum itself is colourless and translucent.



Face feels refreshed immediately after application, my skin is soothed and smooth. The serum is light on skin and non-greasy. I use it early in the morning, under make-up, and it primes my skin well for the application of the tinted foundation cream.
The bottle comes with a convenient dropper dispenser which allows you to use just the small amount as needed. The serum absorbs quickly and leaves the skin refreshed and supple. After a week of application I can say my skin tone is even. Really pleased with this serum. It's great for my mature skin.

Does my skin look more youthful? if by youthful one means smoother and more supple then yes. I don't believe the claims of many anti-aging beauty products that the wrinkles will disappear. They won't, unless you do something terribly unnatural to your skin, like a facelift or Botox, and are then left with a face which looks more like a mask. I'd rather have all my wrinkles and be able to smile, than have a stiff mask instead of a face. Yet if there is a little help with keeping my face skin well moisturised and less tired, then I am all in favour.

What's your experience of serums?

Disclosure: I received these serums for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are mine.


1 comment:

  1. I wish they would make wrinkles vanish! but if they make your skin look smoother and softer that is half the battle. These sound good. I haven't tried serums but I maybe should now I have mature skin

    ReplyDelete