Saturday 13 April 2019

Photo diary: week 15, project 365

Only one week into school holidays, and I'm already exhausted. It doesn't help that my dear husband is again away. I feel listless and lacking any enthusiasm.
Yesterday evening I lied down in the dark around 9pm, so tired, and thought: I wish I didn't have to worry about supervising the kids' bedtime routine. If only I could just close my eyes and go to sleep and not worry about anything. I wish...

Last Sunday Eddie went to the church, and here is his creation done during the church school - Moses and the parting of the Red sea.


On Monday we took our boys to Oxford. After an inevitable visit to McDonalds, we went to Christ Church college. Eddie wanted to see the hall, where they filmed Harry Potter, but unfortunately, it was closed for lunch at the time we arrived, so we only saw the cathedral.
We also visited my husband's new office.



At the weekend we went to The Works, where Eddie saw this Harry Potter cushion and begged me to buy it for him. For the next few days he's been putting it in each of our bedrooms as a creepy surprise in the dark.


A quick visit to Costa in between grocery shopping.


The hyacinths in the garden are almost gone by now, but the tulips are coming into full bloom.


I'm a big fan of Sophie Anderson, and loved her book House with Chicken Legs. I was delighted to receive an advance copy of The Girl Who Speaks Bear in the mail. It's such a gorgeous cover design.


A stressful day today. Sash wants to go out, but he doesn't want to be accompanied by his younger brother, so we're stuck at home, as my DH is away, and God knows when he will arrive.
When I'm stressed, I bake. Today's bake is a good old Advocaat cake. Haven't baked it for ages, it's still as tasty as I remember. The recipe requires 250ml of Advocaat liqueur, so it's not a cheap recipe, but it's totally worth it.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

18 comments:

  1. Love the Harry Potter cushion and your cake looks amazing! That must be very difficult when Sash wants to go out without Eddie. My daughter is 13 and still 'needs' me for her bedtime routine, which isn't ideal as she is going to bed as late as I would like to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah, during holidays we lose any set bedtime hour, and the boys go to bed much-much later, and I'm ready to go to bed earlier than they are.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, sorry you are so tired.
    I love that Harry Potter cushion. I will have to look out for it! I want it!
    The Advocaat cake sounds so good!
    I hope next week is less stressful for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim, when we bought the cushion, there were lots of them in the shop.

      Delete
  3. Shame you didn't get into Christchurch hall, it was shut when I visited too. The cake looks nice. Hopefully you'll catch up on sleep and feel better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emma, I think we'll have to plan to visit the hall one afternoon, catching the bus to Oxford straight after school, as the last admission is at 4.15pm.

      Delete
  4. I love Christ Church college, it looks so wonderful, the internal beautiful quad, the old dinning hall. I could visit it again and again. The Advocaat cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anca, we will go back to see the hall, Eddie's been asking to visit it for a long time.

      Delete
  5. Baking is an excellent way to relieve the stress, sorry to hear Sasha didn't want Eddie to go out with him and you were stuck in all day. Peter is away this week and I'm lacking enthusiasm also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne, I think they both prefer to go out separately, so as to have an undivided attention.

      Delete
  6. Love Eddie's artwork and the Harry potter cushion. It must be hard when your OH is away so much these days #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary, it is not easy with DH away during the holidays, as they get bored easily.

      Delete
  7. Great HP cushion, will need to go look for one of these for Bob's birthday this week.
    Shame you got stuck in on Saturday but obviously Eddie needed to go with you.
    Love his art work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elaine, the cushion is quite comfy, though it is a bit weird to sleep on HP's head. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh I love that harry potter cushion, it's fab. It must be hard when your OH is away on these days. xx #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan, the HP cushion is being moved around the house all week.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like your son likes to have fun. We are blessed with a county so full of literature. #365

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been to Oxford several times but never actually been into any of the colleges. I had no idea that HP was filmed there. #project365

    ReplyDelete