Tuesday 30 April 2019

National Stationery Week (29 April - 5 May 2019)

STABILO point 88 fineliner


Custard creams... That's all I needed to buy, when I popped into Poundland yesterday morning. We're reading David Walliams' Fing with Eddie, and the little monster Fing loves custard creams. For some reason I never buy them, so my son begged me to buy some to enjoy with the book.
I got a bag of custard creams, but then my feet took me to the stationery isle, where I bought yet another Harry Potter-themed notebook and some fancy clippers.
Sounds familiar? Are you a stationery addict? Then this is our week.

National Stationery Week (29 April - 5 May) gives us a chance to celebrate our favourite notebooks, pens, markers, paperclips, highlighters, document wallets and all things paper and writing-related.

I've always loved drawing. My Mum's an artist, so it was a natural progression that I wanted to copy her from a very early age. I had my first art admirers in the kindergarten.
My Dad, on the other hand, couldn't draw at all, though he did an amazing jewellery. He once tried to draw a horse for me - it was a view from the back, a kind of an oval with two stick legs and a long tail. A genius idea.

Buying new stationery for school made the beginning of a new academic year that little bit more positive.

These days I buy stationery for many reasons. As a blogger, I'm always writing down recipes, ideas for posts, and just making lists of posts which I have promised to write, so that I don't miss a deadline.

I have dozens upon dozens of notebooks and notepads - from humble, unpretentious supermarket own products to the king of notebooks and diaries Moleskine.

And then there is a whole Universe of writing and colouring tools.

STABILO pens are well-known and much-loved around the world. They offer products for all ages, abilities and tastes.
"Pens with cult status - that is what STABILO stands for. The family-run enterprise STABILO is one of the world's leading manufacturers of writing instruments and stands for German quality, an extraordinary variety of colours and ground-breaking innovative strength".

STABILO has a whole host of pens and pencils in every colour you can think of.

To mark the National Stationery Week I am going to mention a few STABILO products which will suit anyone and everyone, whatever their writing style.

STABILO point 88 fineliner is an instantly recognisable classic pen. Great for writing, underlining, taking notes, sketching as well as working with rulers and stencils, the range includes 47 brilliant colours.
These pens come in a wide choice of pack sizes and packaging.

Let's look at the pack of 6 point 88 fineliners. The colours are bright and vibrant, the ink flows clearly and leaves no smudges (I've tried to smudge the writing immediately after application, and no trace was left on my finger). The ink dries instantly.

best writing pens uk

Perfect for doodles, black is my favourite colour.

best writing pens UK

STABILO Power Felt Tip Pen Wallet of 15 Assorted Colours is a set you can most often find in the isles of stationery for children.
STABILO power felt tip pens come in 30 colours and have a medium tip.
The colours are water-based and are supposed to be easily washable.

A big bonus is that it has an extremely long cap off time of up to 8 weeks without drying out. That is seriously impressive.

The pack suggests checking out a free 3D colouring App at stabilo.com/3dcolors

We received a few STABILO products only last Saturday, so didn't have much time to play with them yet.

My son is a big Pokemon fan, and has chosen to draw and colour in Detective Pikachu.

Detective Pikachu

These pens have a robust large tip with a line width of 2mm. They are good for colouring, though check the paper first if you use colouring books, as some of them have rather thin paper, and the colouring pens might bleed on the other side.

I did a little sketch, using both fineliners and power felt tip pens.
I'm reading The girl who speaks bear by Sophie Anderson, and my quick sketch is book-related.

sketches with STABILO

It is a lovely set. I particularly like the skin tone, which is often missing in children's colouring sets.

sketching with STABILO

STABILO BeFab! Rollerball Pastel Pen is ideal for both right and left handers. The rollerball comes with one standard ink cartridge.
It has a medium nib width of 0.5mm.

It took me quite a while to figure out how to add the ink to the pen, but when I got it, it was pretty self-explanatory.

best writing pens UK

The nib is very thin, and would suit for either writing or doodling.

pens for doodling


Do you have a favourite STABILO product?

Disclosure: We received a selection of STABILO products (see the top photo, minus the paperclips) for the purposes of reviewing them for National Stationery Week. All opinions are our own.

2 comments:

  1. You are so artistic, I'm very impressed - hidden talents ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl, this is nothing, just a quickie for the post. :)

      Delete