Saturday 10 October 2015

Photo diary: week 41, 365

I encourage Eddie to enter as many drawing competitions as possible. One of the recent tasks was to draw an outline of a hand and fill it with a design of your own. This hand with a boat and the sun on it is Eddie's competition entry. I think it's pretty imaginative.


Waiting for Eddie to get out of his classroom, I have watched the passing clouds. These two clouds looked like seahorses or viking boats, facing each other. What do you see?




Tuesday: after the rain I was just wandering around the garden, when I spotted this snail high up on the fennel. I am very pleased with this shot, as I think the colours are in harmony.


This Queen teddy in the window rules her teddy kingdom in the local shop called Teddy bears of Witney. A lovely place to visit, but be prepared to get shocked by the prices.



A sunny day, albeit chilly in the morning. This glorious looking sunflower on the main street cheers me up every time I pass by.



The morning on Friday was misty and foggy. Eddie and I were almost late for school, stopping every minute to admire the fog and spider webs, so intricate and all different. On the way back home after I dropped Eddie at school, I took one zillion photos of spider webs, they truly fascinate me.



Today Eddie and I had a busy schedule. First we visited the local Entertainer, as it was the last weekend when you were invited to come in the shop dressed up as a Superhero. Last Saturday Eddie was a Batman. Today he was a Spiderman. Later we went to a birthday party, where he changed in normal clothes. We also stopped by in the other toy shop to admire the Lego Star Wars Advent calendar, when Eddie saw this statue of Darth Vader. Apparently this is now on his Christmas wish list. No way. Unless I win a lottery, which is never going to happen.


5 comments:

  1. i love your son's drawing. i see a sea horse in the cloud on the left, can't remember clouds being quite so white

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Eddie and I are forever playing Guess the cloud game.

      Delete
  2. I used to love our Entertainer shop, sadly it's gone now! Looks like a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kara! The Entertainer is a dangerous place, as we tend to buy something every time we come in. :)

      Delete
  3. I always used to watch clouds when I was a child.

    Love the photo of the sunflower and the spiders web. So hard to get photos of the latter

    ReplyDelete