Monday 16 June 2014

Molkosan Fruit from A.Vogel Herbal Remedies

I was eagerly anticipating the arrival of a new Molkosan Fruit, which is a new whey drink. I first tried Molkosan Vitality back in January, and have discovered it really improved my digestion problems, especially the heartburn. Our local health shop only sells the original Molkosan, and I have been buying it but cannot say I enjoy the original flavour very much. It does taste very "healthy". Yet it works wonders for my stomach. I knew that the people behind the brand were working on a new flavour of Molkosan, and Molkosan Fruit is a new juicy twist on a classic whey product.



It comes concentrated, so you need to dilute it with water or add to juice of your choice. It is much nicer taste-wise than the original Molkosan. The colour is very pretty pink.



The original formula is enhanced with a juice of aronia berry and pomegranate, two super foods which are known for health benefits from lowering the high blood pressure to boosting the immune system.
I have a little aronia plant in my garden, and hoping to have some berries this year.
There are two types of aronia, with red and black berries. The red ones are sweet, while the black berries have a lovely tang to them. They are great in compotes and jellies.




Molkosan Fruit is sweetened with stevia. It is rich in L+ lactic acid and "has the added benefit of calcium, which helps the normal function of the enzymes needed for the digestion of food".

As a foodie blogger, I do get to test and try all sorts of products, some of which disagree with my stomach (like very hot spices). If I am cooking a rich meal, I have a glass of diluted Molkosan before dinner to save myself from any possible discomfort later.

Molkosan Fruit tastes lovely, and it would not be difficult to convince even the fussy eaters to have it added to drinks or smoothies.

Looking at my keywords recently, I noticed that someone came to read my blog, looking for information if Molkosan is safe to drink during pregnancy. Actually I didn't know the answer, and asked an A.Vogel representative.
The answer is: No, it is not advisable to take Molkosan during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.

You can find more information on A.Vogel Herbal Remedies site.


Disclosure: I received a bottle of Molkosan Fruit for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment