Saturday 16 February 2013

Bruna's Piped Pancakes

If you are a regular reader of My Favourite Recipes magazine and frequent our banter on MFR Facebook wall, you are familiar with Bruna Deriu's style of cooking: innovative, creative and inspiring. Last Tuesday we were all sharing the photos of our pancakes, and I could only Ooh and Aah at her latest creation - Piped Pancakes - which looked so beautiful and different.

Bruna, a Cardiff-born foodie of Italian origins, has kindly agreed to share her recipe and photos with my blog readers.



Piped Pancakes
Ingredients:
100g self-raising flour
1 egg
1 tsp sugar
lemon rind
cold milk

This is what Bruna says:
"The recipe is quite simple and perhaps differs from traditional pancakes in that it does not contain melted
butter. For 5 to 6 pancakes I use 100g s.r. flour, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon sugar, some lemon rind and enough cold
milk to make a very thick batter, suitable for piping."





"I lightly grease a pan and pipe the mixture using a disposable sac a poche. "





Love those intricate designs, aren't they pretty?






"When cooked on both sides I serve with lemon and icing sugar or sugar."





I am definitely going to try Bruna's recipe. I have never seen pancakes as delicate-looking as the Brussels lace.





Many thanks, Bruna, for sharing your recipe and photos!

1 comment: