Saturday 29 December 2018

Choc chip orange muffins

easy muffins


I've been looking at my blog posts for the last year, checking out which have been most popular. Eddie was watching the one zillion-th episode of Yu-Gi-Oh, while Sash was doing what I call a I'm-feeling-peckish-dance around my table, and pointing at some of the cake photos.
Looks like we need to bake some sweet treats. Muffins are probably the easiest option for an afternoon tea.
I had a quick look around the kitchen, what do I have, what needs to be used? OK, I've got one last orange, and a handful of chocolate buttons, and all the usual cakey-bakey ingredients.

Choc chip orange muffins it is then. I know there are probably one million recipes for choc chip muffins, as it's a classic recipe.

easy muffins


Choc chip orange muffins (makes 12)
Ingredients:
zest of 1 orange
juice of 1/2 orange
90g caster sugar
pinch of salt
2 medium eggs
300g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
150ml milk
70g butter, melted
60g chocolate buttons

In a big mixing bowl zest 1 orange. Add the orange juice, caster sugar, salt, and beat in 2 eggs. Sift in the flour. Mix in the remaining ingredients, including the melted butter.
Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases, inserted into the muffin baking tray. Cook the muffins for 18+ minutes at 180C, until they are golden and firm. Check they are cooked with a wooden toothpick; if it comes out clean, they are done.

Eat warm or cold, with tea, coffee or milk.

easy and quick muffins

festive muffins

Now that Eddie is a proud owner of the Hedwig mug, he claims that tea tastes better in it. One of our friends gave him a book shop gift card for Christmas, and he has chosen this mug.
Who am I to argue? I am convinced that tea tastes better, when I drink it from my favourite mug as well.


3 comments:

  1. Love the mug and the muffins look divine ! Your mention of using up your one last orange has also reminded me to sort out a #KitchenClearout linky this month ... in fact, I'll go and do it right now ! :)

    ReplyDelete