Sunday 14 November 2021

Photo diary: week 45, project 365

 A week of creative projects and even some ghostly shenanigans... 

Last Sunday Eddie and I visited Costa, in between chores. He fancied trying Ruby hot chocolate. It was very pink, with lots of cream, and curly swirly bits of ruby chocolate on top. Even my child who has a sweet tooth pronounced it very sweet but fun. 

Chez Maximka, limited edition hot chocolate

I've been admiring neatly arranged stacks of books for #numberstackchallenge on Insta for a while. I finally grabbed as many books with numbers in their titles as I could find at home, and built my own tower. Of course, as soon as I took the picture and disassembled the stack, I realised we have more titles that could have been added. Never mind.



The town is slowly acquiring its Christmas decorations. The Christmas tree is already set up next to the cinema.

Chez Maximka, Witney

I mentioned Abel & Cole Cheese Club already in the past couple of months. This time all cheeses are made in Wales. We had some fruit with the cheeseboard, and a delicious The Cherry Tree Cheeseboard chutney, which is made with mixed fruit like mango, banana, fig, and veg like tomato, onion, garlic and spices. Give me cheese, and I'm on cloud nine.

Chez Maximka, cheese board

For my husband's birthday I bought an ice cream cake from M&S. It's basically a vanilla ice cream, topped with mango passionfruit sauce and white chocolate. I wasn't impressed, but all my men enjoyed it. 


Chez Maximka, frozen dessert


This week I have been sketching quite a bit, as I decided to join in #penandinkchallenge. They have a list of daily prompts, and you can pick and choose which days you want to join in. 

The prompt for Friday was decorations, which I interpereted as Christmas decorations, and drew Nordic gnomes. I used a black Parker Jotter pen, and a red marker.

Chez Maximka, Galina Varese art

That evening Eddie and I went into the garden to put the remains of the ice cream cake in the freezer which is in the summerhouse. While I was fiddling with the key, he took a few snaps of the garden with his phone. 
We returned back in the house, and Eddie started to enlarge bits and pieces of the photos, telling me how strange it all looks in the dark. Suddenly we saw a creepy face. Goodness, that was a "lovely" surprise. 
It is obviously a play of dark and light, but it does look like some spectre.
Can you see the face?

Chez Maximka, spooky images



Talking of supernatural unexplained shenanigans, we live in a very old tow house. When we moved in here over twelve years ago, the first night was a bit of an adventure. We didn't unpack all the boxes and only set up one double bed for three of us. Sasha was already asleep, my husband and I still talked quietly, discussing what needs to be done the next day. The lights were off. Suddenly we heard the sound of someone running up stairs, through the door and the bedroom where we were in bed, and up the stairs going to the attic. These were heavy steps, as if someone was wearing boots. My husband and I looked at each other and said, What was that?! 
We don't hear the neighbours at all, at that point we had two elderly ladies on both sides anyway. Until this day I cannot explain what the heck it was. I remember the next day I walked around each room and said that we are the new owners of the house, we are going to live here, and be nice to us.

Then there was the door into the closet, under the stairs on the ground floor which I closed every evening, and every single morning it would be ajar. A few years later, after we put a toilet into that space, the door stopped opening. We joked that whatever was living under the stairs, didn't fancy staying in the loo.

Our weekend has been rather uneventful. My husband is in Italy for several days, so we stay put. We've been reading, drawing, watching old series of Come Dine with Me on Netflix and gaming (Eddie, not me).

Another prompt from the drawing challenge - Something good.
I thought I could draw Eddie with a hot chocolate (see the photo above).

Chez Maximka, Galina Varese art


How did your week go?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. Ohh! I am planning to go to Costa this week and I quite fancy trying the pink hot chocolate.
    I love your book stack. What a fun thing to do and your cheeseboard looks amazing! Great job with your drawing. Your gnomes are very cute and that one of Eddie is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your artwork is so good. I wish I could draw well.Love the book stack, I've not seen any of those before. I don't think we have many number based books. My brother has a ghost called Gordon in his flat (he's upstairs in a really old cottage). He used to have doors opening, and items moving around, then things stop for a bit after having a chat. Gordon must be happy as he's not mentioned anything for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your stack of books for the #numberstackchallenge. Typical that you spotted more after dismantling it! That kind of thing always happens to me too. I love your Nordic gnomes sketch and the drawing of Eddie with the ruby hot chocolate. I can see the face in your photo. I took a photo on holiday earlier this year on a misty morning and when I looked at the photo afterwards, I could see Jessica’s face in the mist. Interesting to read about your spooky shenanigans in your house and when they stopped. We used to hear footsteps up and down the stairs quite often in the evening (and the girls would always be asleep when we checked). They stopped when Jessica died, although I’m sure that it wasn’t her making the noise. #project365

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ar such an amazing artist! Does the Ruby hot choc have a particular flavour? Love the idea of a book challenge, will check in out on IG. #project365

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might have to give that pink one a try!
    Oh wow if i had heard that the first night I would have been petrified and would want to move...I scare too easily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure my two would have enjoyed those hot chocolates, probably the sweeter the better for them! I love your drawing of Eddie with the hot chocolate, its really good! As are the Nordic gnomes drawing. I would happily tuck into your cheeseboard, all look so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The abel and cole cheese club looks great, I keep meaning to look into these. Love the drawings of the nordic gnomes and the drawing of Eddie is amazing. As clear as day one night I saw a little girl for the briefest of seconds sitting on my bed. Our house was only 4 years old and built on the site of an old builders yard. It didn't frighten me, just weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Nordic gnomes and those pictures are amazing - you are so talented. I bet you could make a small fortune selling them

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very talented, your drawings are very good I really like both of them.I think my boys would like the ruby hot chocolate they really enjoy the green one we brought for Halloween. Not sure I would be very happy with that spooky face.

    ReplyDelete