Saturday 14 April 2018

Photo diary: week 15, project 365

16 days of Easter holidays, and counting. Not that we love school so much, but it's been two weeks of stress in our family. Sash has been very unsettled with a change in his routine, and I'm utterly exhausted. Roll on, Monday.
Last Sunday Eddie and I stopped in Gregg's for the weekly treat. Here's Eddie, rocking the Gregg's sausage roll.


It's been such a miserable week weather-wise too, raining every day. Still waiting for the parrot tulips which my Mum planted last autumn to reveal their colour.


More rain...


Experimental salmon fish cakes with kimchi on Wednesday for lunch.


It's the season of hyacinths and muscari in my garden at the moment. Such a beautiful blue colour.


Our local Waterstone's has very enthusiastic team, and we enjoy their book displays.


We start the week with Eddie's photo, and end it with yet another photo of Eddie. He is a big Ninjago fan, as you can see, and loves his new tshirt.


15 comments:

  1. Eddie sure looks happy about his sausage roll....I'm quite partial to one myself.
    The rain has been rubbish. Today has been nice though....I am hoping we're over the worst of the weather.
    Those fish cakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! Yesterday was the first warm sunny day in a row, just when the holidays are coming to an end, typical.

      Delete
  2. Loving the Lego top! How great is that Waterstones display. I love when people go the extra mile. #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fee! I agree, it is always wonderful when you see that people are enjoying what they do.

      Delete
  3. Now I'm the opposite - dreading Monday and the routine starting again. I think also the fact that it's H's last term of primary doesn't help. I do like the Ninjago T shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually thinking the same as you, but this break was very tough on us all, so for me going back to school will be a bit of a breather.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos of Eddie. We were lucky to be away for a few days and we missed the worst of the weather. Your Wednesday lunch looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Now that we're back to school, the weather has improved considerably. :)

      Delete
  5. I had a Greggs sausage roll the other day, and spotted fruit scones, so made some when I got home.
    We have had little rain this week but love your flowers in the rain.
    Look forward to seeing the parrot tulips when they come out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine! I will definitely be posting photos of tulips once they open up and show their colour.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, Greggs sausage rolls are the best. The grape hyacinths looks so pretty. Lovely to see

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to join you on a Gregg's sausage roll run, you'll have to let me know what part of the UK you live in and I'll let you know if I ever pass that way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bee boxes are awesome! #365

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eddie looks so happy. I am intrigued to see these parrot tulips now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rain was so miserable but thankfully the sun has been out now (except for today when we had lightning!) Love the window display for Waterstones, very creative #project365

    ReplyDelete