Friday 10 February 2012

Lavender's blue...

...dilly-dilly, lavender's green, when I am king, dilly-dilly, you shall be queen.
And that's the theme of my latest cookies.
Lakeland has a new set of cookie cutters in store - 3 Crown cookie cutters. And of course, I could not resist.



The cutters come in 3 different shapes and colours, they are quite easy to use.

The red cutter was a bit fiddly, as the top kept breaking off the dough crown, but I did manage to cut a few perfect shapes with it.
I used the most basic recipe for butter cookies (you will need 200g granulated sugar, 225g butter, 1 medium egg, 335g flour, a pinch of salt and a dash of vanilla (optional)). Once mixed, the dough should be chilled for about an hour before you start working with it. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden. They are still a bit on the soft side, when you take the tray out of the oven.
Decorate with Dr Oetker icing.



I added sprigs of lavender as a reference to the song.



Lavender's green, dilly, dilly, Lavender's blue,
If you love me, dilly, dilly, I will love you.
Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly, And the lambs play;
We shall be safe, dilly, dilly, out of harm's way
And as this song is a staple of Valentine lyrics, I am offering my Royal cookies as a tribute to Valentine's Day.
English Mum is doing another bake off challenge, this time it is called Baked with Love. Come and join in, it is always a fun occasion to see other people's creative work, be it art or cakes.


I am also submitting my Valentine's cookie to the Baking Mad Valentine's Blogger competition. Looking forward to seeing all entries.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! My daughter would love to make crown shaped biscuits for their party!

    ReplyDelete