Saturday 30 July 2011

Our five minutes of fame

Facebook baby magazines forums are to be "blamed" on Eddie's and mine appearance in a couple of baby magazines.
Practical Parenting and Pregnancy asked for stories behind babies' names, so I emailed our story, and here it is, in full glory. My husband was impressed that I appear on the same page as Nicole Kidman. :)
"Our son has the mighty name Edgar Maximus and we love it. It's a family name on my husband's side but the history behind it is why I really liked it. There was Edgar the Peaceful and the decent Edgar in King Lear, while Maximus is, of course, homage to the movie Gladiator. We hope our little boy will take after their traits and be strong, peaceful and good"


This is the photo I sent to both magazines, taken in April. Eddie is so much bigger now, he grows so fast.
us

Askamum on Facebook is a place I visit daily to check on the latest gossip and see the photos of babies. Recently they asked to share
cringe stories from the pregnancy days. I commented online and swiftly forgot about it. Later the editorial assistant Alex got in touch with me, asking my permission to publish my cringe story as a Star letter in Mother & Baby magazine. Of course, I said Yes. This is my favourite parenting magazine.
Kicking off "When I was nearing the end of my pregnancy, I went to the supermarket to pick up some food. While I was queueing up to pay, my baby started kicking really hard inside my tummy. "Don't kick me please", I said softly, touching my bump to soothe him. But apparently I didn't say it quietly enough, as the man behind me looked put out and said "I didn't, thanks". Cringe!"
1.

No comments:

Post a Comment