Friday 3 February 2012

It's a piece of cake! (Cake Ring/My Kitchen range from Lakeland review)

Having a Lakeland shop in town is a "dangerous" business for my pocket, I am forever tempted to pop in and buy some new kitchen goodies. Just the other day My Kitchen range was on offer, and as my cake springform tins are very dated, I bought a couple of cake tins.



Cake Ring from My Kitchen range (25cm dia/10") has fluted sides and a thick anti-wrap base.

Image credit: Lakeland


 I didn't read the reviews online on the Lakeland site before I made my purchase, and glad I didn't, as they would have put me off.
I wanted to bake my semolina carrot cake in the ring shape, and I have to say I had no problems whatsoever with the cake coming out perfectly ring-shaped.
It was very easy to use, and I am pleased with the results.



The heat is distributed evenly in the cake ring. Cleaning was easy as well, I only had to wipe it clean with a moist tea towel.


The tin was slightly too deep for my cake, but next time I will adjust the quantities or use it for another bigger cake.

1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to buy one of these - have written it on my list! Would love to bake a wreath shaped cake for the Festive season!

    ReplyDelete