Friday 4 November 2011

My Little Box of Bedtime Rhymes (review)

Lucky boy Eddie was a winner of a boxed set of My Little Box of Bedtime Rhymes by Little Tiger Press. This is a mini-library of traditional bedtime rhymes, with the classic favourites like Hey Diddle Diddle and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, just perfect for a little person who is starting to discover an amazing world of the nursery rhymes.

These books have charming illustrations by Sanja Rescek. Sanja Rescek lives in Zagreb where she studied graphic design and painting at the Academy of Fine Arts. She has illustrated picture books for Random House, Scholastic, Campbell and many others and she has also illustrated cards for UNICEF. When she is not illustrating, she enjoys painting and designing children's furniture

The images are kind, loveable and soft. The books are small and chunky and just the right size for small hands.





Which one to choose? Choices, choices...


6 comments:

  1. Oooh, they sounds so lovely - I am thinking of getting them for my little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sweet and a good idea, usually nursery rhymes are all compiled in one book, but these are great for little ones, my little girl would have some favourites out of these

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, gorgeous. Sounds ideal for me, I'm expecting my first in February and can only remember 2 nursery rhymes! Will have to look out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're lovely. Nursery rhymes are really great for getting little ones chattering. When mine were very little, I used to sing the ryhmes and leave out words for them to butt in with. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fab and would be perfect for my 14 month old as she has just developed a love for books and these look a great size for her little hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely review thank you - my youngest would love this book!

    ReplyDelete