Saturday 11 August 2018

Photo diary: week 32, project 365

Another week of summer holidays has made its quick retreat. We're already half-way through the summer break until the school is back. I enjoy having more leisurely mornings, and not having to worry about lunch boxes and school uniforms, but having two boys at home is also a lot of pressure.
On Sunday we came to say Hello to Sasha and Papa, when they were in cafe Nero.


On Monday I was "playing" with one of the latest Schleich Eldrador Creatures in the garden, trying to find an interesting background for taking photos for my blog post.


It ended up for the time being on the shelf with Eddie's birthday cards. Though his birthday was two weeks ago, he still wants to cards to be on display.


Looking through an old wooden chest full of soft toys, we came across this quartet of doggies. They belonged to Sasha when he was very little.
Maybe you remember the Co-Op promotion over 14 years ago, when you had to collect tokens to buy these soft toys at a reduced price. Sasha was obsessed with those dogs, we carried them everywhere, even to Italy when we visited his grandparents.
Eddie said he still loves them, because they are so soft and cuddly. Who's the softie in this house?


More Eddie's pics. On Thursday Sasha stayed overnight in his respite home, which he really enjoys and is always looking forward to. So am I, to be honest. These are the only two nights per month when I can expect to have an undisturbed sleep.
After Sasha was picked up by his transport, we got on the bus to Oxford. Eddie likes visiting his Dad's college, then we went to John Lewis and bought a few of the new Lego Harry Potter minifigures, and as a treat for Eddie, we went to McDonalds to buy a Happy Meal for him.


My echinacea is doing well. I love its shape and structure.

summer flowers

Today we went to the swimming pool with the boys, and afterwards had lunch at the Sainsbury's cafe. Chips for boys, a vegetarian omelette for my husband and a steamed cod with baby potatoes for me. The food was actually very tasty. I really should get in touch with Sainsbury's and say how much we enjoyed the meal.

I think I have already mentioned this ghost house in our neighbourhood, which is completely covered by the greenery. The white doves have nests in all windows.


14 comments:

  1. That house does look very freaky with the leaves and the doves! It sounds like Eddie had a nice day with going to McDonalds on his trip to Oxford. I don't blame him for wanting to keep his birthday cards up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I find that house strangely fascinating. I'd love to have a tour inside. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe we are half way through the holidays already. They are flying over!
    That is a fab photo of the Eldrador Creature. What a strange looking thing.
    hehehe! My girls like to keep their cards up for as long as possible too.
    Ahh! We have one of those dogs....My great Aunt gave my teen one when she was little. It's knocking around somewhere.
    What an interesting looking house. It does look haunted. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! It's a skeleton warrior, and very cool, according to Eddie. Glad to hear you've got one of those dogs too.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad Eddie enjoyed his week and trips out, it's lovely that Sasha likes his respite and you get to do things you normally wouldn't be able to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! We all need these mini-breaks from each other, lets us recharge the batteries.

      Delete
  4. That ghost house looks really pretty, bet the stonework is buggered though. Love those soft toys, I can see why your boys like them too #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! The house is a big mystery. I know people live there, but I've never seen the owners.

      Delete
  5. the echinacea looks very much like a sunflower structure.
    McD's will make a nice change. It is nice to get some respite, and holiday periods much more so as being out of normal routine can be hard on the child.
    The dog bottom left of the picture looks very very similar to the andrex dogs we collected a number of years ag and still sit on my tv unit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we have a couple of Andrex puppies too, they are much smaller than those.

      Delete
  6. I've never eaten in a supermarket cafe before, I'll have to give it a try! We have so many stuffed toys in our home! #project365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only supermarket cafe we go to, but it seems very popular, there are always lots of people. It's also popular with special needs children and grown ups who come with their carers. It could get pretty noisy, but nobody bats a lid. :)

      Delete
  7. One of my jobs for this weekend is to sort out the school stuff. We still have H's confirmation cards up from July so you aren't alone in keeping cards up a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear we're not the only ones who keep cards for a long time. :)

      Delete