Saturday 5 May 2018

Photo diary: week 18, project 365

Another week, another mixed bag of good and bad days. There was quite a bit of aggro and stress, and I'm glad to wave Good bye to this week.

I can hear you groaning "Not another Gregg's sausage photo, please". Sorry. I've picked it as a Sunday photo because there is also Sasha seen in the corner. We popped into Gregg's, got the sausage roll, but they didn't have any seats available, so we went next door to Costa, where I got a latte and a drink for Eddie. Sasha was in Costa too, with his father, enjoying a slice of lemon cake with a Pepsi.


On Monday Sash had an overnight stay at a residential place. He goes there twice a month, and we tend to go out for dinner about once a month with Eddie, to give him a full one-to-one (or two-to-one) attention. He has chosen to go to Pizza Express. I like their pizza, and also had a 2 for 1 mains voucher, which made it even better. As we walked home past Witney Mill after dinner, the sky was bright pink and beautiful.


On Tuesday I treated myself to two new paperbacks in Waterstone's. I've read very good reviews of The Silent Companions, and just had to buy it. I stopped by in the vintage shop and took the photo of the book among their glassware display.


This year we had an abundance of red tulips, but only one purple tulip has survived from the year before. Last spring I had quite a few of those dark beauties.


On Thursday morning while waiting for a friend, I admired a new window display at Waterstone's for The house with chicken legs, which is a YA book, based on the Russian fold tales. It was a sunny morning, and I couldn't find a spot without reflections of the street.


Running to pick up Sasha from school on Friday, I snapped those dog statues. I wouldn't want them by my house, but like how solemn they look, guarding the entrance.


Today is pretty hot, and I was pottering in the garden, mainly weeding. Eddie was playing in the summerhouse. I also watered the tomatoes in the greenhouses. These are three of the tomato plants I bought last week.


12 comments:

  1. Ahh! I love your Greggs photo but this is a special one.
    That is such a pretty pink sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! Now that Sash is a teenager, he doesn't like his photo taken, and he looks pretty happy in this one. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, especially the pink sky and happy Sash ! Hope the stress and aggro settles down next week xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl! The pink sky was amazingly beautiful.

      Delete
  3. I love the purple tulip, looks like it's been savaged by the wind. Fab idea to stop in the antique shop and take a photo of your book. Sasha looks very happy in the picture, can you tell me why you sat at a different table? Would it have interrupted his routine when you were supposed to be in Greggs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! Sash would have been unsettled with us at the same table, as we were not "supposed" to be there. So, we came up, greeted him and moved to a different table. Eddie likes to sit at the bar table anyway.

      Delete
  4. I think I am going to be disappointed next week if there isn't a Greggs photo!! I love the mill photo especially as the zig dogs are such a fab contrast. #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fee! Well, in that case we might do another Gregg's photo. :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh that mill and sky photo is gorgeous. I love Pizza Express for their offers. It's rare you have to pay full price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The estate we walked in use to have a beautiful display of many colours of tulips but very few come up this year, that purple is a beautiful colour.
    Nice to see Sasha as well. Twice a month is not a lot for respite but nice to make the most of it.
    Sneaky idea to use a shop for your book photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we'd all protest if there wasn't a shot of Eddie with his sausage roll now! Love the photo with the mill, beautiful colours to it #365

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea that was a tulip! There was some lovely purple tulips at Kenilworth that we saw on our recent visit, I had no idea they could be that colour! #project365

    ReplyDelete