Wednesday 28 February 2018

The Reading Room 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle from Ravensburger

best jigsaw puzzles


For the last couple of days everyone seems to be talking about the Beast from the East. The hashtag #snowmaggedon is trending on social media. It is pretty cold outside, especially with the wind, and we've got a smattering of snow. But the local schools are open, much to Eddie's chagrin,
I'm warm and cosy indoors, wrapped in a woolen shawl, having one cup of tea after another, and enjoying a new jigsaw puzzle from Ravensburger.
It is my birthday today, and I spent all morning after the school run, piecing the puzzle together. It's still a work in progress, I will need a couple of days to finish it.

best jigsaw puzzles


The Reading Room 100-piece jigsaw puzzle will appeal to all jigsaw puzzle fans who love intricate patterns and small details. It will also please book lovers. As I'm both, I'm on cloud nine.
I love the image of the reading room, with shelves upon shelves, well-stacked with folios.

best jigsaw puzzles


It brings happy memories of the times, when I worked in the library as a library assistant. I loved my job. I also spent many blissful hours, working in the libraries around the world, doing research and just reading for pleasure. I am so lucky to have had a chance to spend a lot of time in the libraries at Oxford and Yale Universities. Aw, happy days.

Reading rooms were often found in towns and villages for residents to read books and periodicals of the day.
The room depicted in the puzzle looks cosy and intimate, a space where I'd love to escape with a big stash of books and a cup of tea.



The shelves are beautifully arranged in colour blocks and also display artefacts and vintage curios.

There is a Siamese looking very comfy on the dark leather sofa, and a smiley dog on the floor.

best jigsaw puzzles

This high quality puzzle measures 700x50cm when complete. It is suitable for ages 12+.
Like all Ravensburger puzzles, it is made from strong premium grade cardboard, with linen finish to minimise glare on puzzle image.
The attention to detail is exceptional.

Tomorrow is the World Book Day. You might want to dress up as your favourite character, or spend a day, engrossed in a lovely jigsaw puzzle about love of books.


Disclosure: I received the puzzle for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment