Saturday 9 September 2017

Colin Thompson - Shaped Lighthouse 995-piece jigsaw puzzle from Ravensburger


Mention Colin Thompson to any jigsaw puzzle aficionado, and they would nod their heads in admiration of this artist's talents.
I am a big fan of Colin Thompson, and I don't get tired mentioning that. Simply because his artwork gives me so much pleasure and enjoyment. I'd be happily ensconced with any of his jigsaw puzzles for hours. For me they tick all the right boxes: they are colourful, whimsical and with great attention to detail.
In the last weeks of summer whenever I had a chance, I would take out my big puzzle board and try to find those elusive puzzle pieces to add.



Colin Thompson Shaped Lighthouse is a fantastic jigsaw puzzle, which consists of 995 pieces.
Since it is an irregular shape, you might need to have quite a big board or open space to work on it.

best jigsaw puzzles


It measures approximately 97 x 67cm (38" x 25"). It is shaped like a lighthouse and includes seven individually shaped mini-puzzles inside like 3 lighthouses, 2 starfish, a seal and a seagull, each consisting of 2 halves.






Assembling this tricky giant puzzle with mini-puzzles inside is a rather fiendish task.
There is a myriad of small details, with bizarre sea creatures and fantasy mini-figures populating the lighthouse, which are iconic of Colin Thompson's world.



His style is immediately recognisable and unique.
It is such an entertaining puzzle, which will keep you busy for hours, and wanting for more - I'll just find one more piece, and maybe another one too, and you don't notice how the time passes.



This puzzle is suitable for ages 12+, but my 7-year-old son was enthralled by it, and wanted to help me find the necessary pieces. He was very happy to find some of the missing pieces.

As all Ravensburger puzzles, the Lighthouse is made from high quality cardboard, with linen finish to minimise glare on the puzzle image.



If you're being organised and are buying presents in advance for Christmas (or for a birthday or just for no particular occasion at all), consider this puzzle as a splendid gift for any jigsaw puzzle fan.

If you like this puzzle, you might want to have a look at the other Colin Thompson's jigsaw puzzles which I have loved:
Flying Home
The Inventor's Cupboard
The Christmas Cupboard

Disclosure: I received this puzzle for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own.


2 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic project - it looks good enough to be framed and hung on the wall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl! Alas, no space big enough on the walls to display it.

      Delete