Wednesday 22 March 2017

Mini s'more brownie cupcakes with Creme Eggs

creme eggs, recipes with creme eggs, Easter recipes


When it comes to Creme Eggs, our family is split quite unevenly. They are way too sweet for me, but my boys and husband are always happy to eat a Cadbury Creme Egg. So that makes 3:1 in favour of these classic gooey treats.
In the lead up to Easter, Cadbury has joined forces with Rinkoffs Bakery to create irresistible dessert recipes, using creme eggs.
The Creme Eggs have been back on shelves nationwide and are only available until Easter.

Easter eggs, Easter chocolate

Creme egg fans can enjoy their favourite Easter treat as an ingredient in scrumptious Easter dessert recipes. I knew that my family would approve of the creme eggs-topped brownie cupcakes.

best Easter recipes


Mini s'more brownie cupcakes with Cadbury Creme Eggs (recipe courtesy of Rinkoffs Bakery)
Ingredients:
125g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
100g unsalted butter
125g light muscovado sugar
2 large free range eggs
75g plain flour, sifted
1/4tsp sea salt
for the marshmallow topping:
1 tub of marshmallow fluff roughly 10g per cupcake (you will have fluff left over)
12 Cadbury creme eggs, crushed into pieces (I used 4 creme eggs, and that was plenty)

Method:
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/350F/gas 4. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large saucepan over a low heat. When completely melted, stir in the sugar, then the eggs one by one. Fold in the flour and salt, and then spoon into the cupcake cases so they're nearly full.
2. Pipe the fluff onto each cupcake and bake in the centre of the oven for 12 minutes. Leave to cool. Once cooled, add the crushed creme eggs on top.

best Easter recipes, Easter chocolate


I didn't pipe the marshmallow fluff, just spooned it over each cupcake. Also I didn't add it before baking, as it would have been too crispy. I added it in the last five minutes of cooking, plus placed the cupcakes with  broken pieces of creme eggs on top for another minute in the oven to soften and melt them.

As I imagined, I was a very popular person today. These brownie cupcakes are a lovely seasonal treat, great with a cup of tea or coffee.

For a full range of Cadbury seasonal treats, check out Cadbury Gifts.

best Easter recipes

Disclosure: I received a selection of creme eggs and a voucher to buy ingredients for testing the recipe. All opinions are our own.

Easter chocolate recipes

2 comments:

  1. ahh they look great but I really don't like creme eggs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't eat the creme eggs either, too sweet. My boys, on the other hand, love them

      Delete