Wednesday 8 March 2017

February Degustabox

"Mummy, I like it when Degustabox arrives, there are always treats for me in there..."

We are always looking forward to our Degustabox delivery, which arrives every month and is full of foodie surprises. This monthly food and drink subscription box is an excellent way to discover products which have only just appeared in the shops or those which might have been around for while, but you haven't had a chance to try them yet.
Thanks to Degustabox, I have found new favourites to add to our shopping list, including some products which I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.
For example, after sampling Little's Vanilla-flavoured coffee in the previous food box, I am now on the 3rd jar of this lovely instant coffee. I liked it so much that I drink it every day now.
Each time the box arrives, it's a total surprise, as you don't know what you might find there. You get a good selection of foods and drinks.
If you haven't tried Degustabox subscription box yet and would like to have a go, I have a whopping £7 off discount from your first box (and you can unsubscribe any time) - just use a code 8EVI8 when you place an order.
What did we receive in February Degustabox? Let's have a peek.

food box

There were no prizes for guessing which products would be snatched first. Sweeties, of course. There were two bags of candy - Bebeto Cheese Cake jelly gum and Candy Crush soft candy.


Candy Crush was greeted with great enthusiasm, and I imagine it will win Candy Crush fans all over the world.
Bebeto Cheese Cake gums were cute little slices of cake. I tried one piece and wasn't very enthusiastic about it, the rest was polished by my family.


It so happened that I was invited for coffee by a friend who lives down the road. It was bucketing outside, and I didn't fancy running into town to grab a little something to take with me. These Maui & Sons Dark Chocolate Coated Banana Chips were very handy. My friend opened the bag, and I have sampled a piece or two. These banana chips are cooked in coconut oil and coated with Belgian chocolate for a satisfying crunch.


Willy Chase's Fit Popcorn is produced and supplied fresh from a farm in Herefordshire. They come in grown-up flavours with real pedigree. Free from GM and gluten, this low cal popcorn (at only 94kcal per serving) is almost guilt-free too. we received an Apple Cider Vinegar flavoured popcorn.


New York Delhi's Americanos are top quality Guatemalan coffee beans, roasted and ready to eat, covered in dark chocolate. They have a rich and intense taste. A lovely perk-me up snack for a later afternoon, or post-lunch slumber. They would also make a great topping for grown-up brownies.


I don't often buy chewing gum or mints, but they are handy to carry with you, especially if you had a snack in a cafe and would like to refresh the palate. Sweetened with 100% xylitol, Peppersmith mints and gum keep the mouth fresh and healthy all day long, with no sugar or aspartame.


Heinz  No Added Sugar Beanz have been launched earlier this year; they are naturally high in protein and fibre and low in fat, gluten free and vegetarian friendly. They also contribute to one of five a day.
Another plus - No Added Sugar Beanz is produced with 25% less salt than standard Heinz Beanz.


Last year I have tried one of Kabuto products, and wasn't very impressed with it. That's why I was a bit wary trying another product from the same range. But I was proved wrong.
Kabuto rice noodles/Vegetable Laksa are a flavourful noodle pot, with a good balance of heat.
This time I really enjoyed Kabuto rice noodles, with coconut, chilli, peppers and sweetcorn.
These are gluten free noodles, at 274kcal per pot.

noodle pot

noodle pot


Coldpress Berry Beets juice is packed with natural goodness (apple, raspberry, beetroot, pear, lemon).
This is a delicous way of getting one of 5 a day. Both my husband and I found very tasty.
Calorie count: 65kcal per 150ml serve.


And more drinks to discover:

I have first discovered Just Bee Honey Water as a brand on Twitter, when they were running a competition. I didn't win, but I was curious to try it, and bought one of the cartons in Waitrose. It is a lovely honey-flavoured refreshing spring water drink. It contains no refined sugar, nothing artificial and is less than 50kcal per carton.
What's even better, it is created by a family of British beekeepers, and 10% of profits are donated to help Save the Bees.

Blossom Hill is a fresh and fruity twist on wine. With light bubbles, it comes in natural fruit flavours. We received a bottle of Elderflower, a classic flavour reminiscent of English summers.

Double Dutch is a new range of premium low calorie soft drinks. Combining unusual flavours, these drinks have been specifically designed to enhance the taste of higher quality spirits.
made with 100% natural ingredients, they contain no artificial flavours, colouring or preservatives.
Each bottle contains 66kcal, and has 30% less sugar than a regular soft drink mixer.



Koko Dairy Free Original is a fresh tasting milk alternative made from freshly pressed coconut milk. It is lovely with cereals or blended in smoothies. You can also use it in tea or coffee, though for me it doesn't quite improve the taste of coffee. At only 27kcal per 100ml it is lighter than skimmed milk.
You can use it as an ingredient in making pancakes or blini, see my recipe for coconut milk blini.


Willy's Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother was a free gift sample. It is crafted from apples picked in 300-year-old apple orchards. It offers health benefits from weight loss to immune system support.


Disclosure: We receive Degustabox every month for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment