Wednesday 12 October 2016

Flying Home 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle and Puzzle Handy Storage Foldaway Puzzle Board from Ravensburger



On a peaceful quiet day there is nothing more indulgent for me than make myself a cup of tea and work on a new jigsaw puzzle. Being a big fan of Ravensburger jigzaw puzzles, I'm always excited whenever I have a chance to review a new one.
Flying Home 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle is a fabulous addition to Ravensburger range. It is created by Colin Thompson, one of the most acclaimed puzzle artists. His weird fantasy world is animated with strange little creatures. I simply adore his quirky style.

Flying Home, image credits: Ravensburger

Flying Home depicts several flying machines - you will find here a huge patchwork hot air balloon and a variety of smaller balloons, a zeppelin-like gadget, an UFO and birds. The eponymous home is a fanciful castle with a plethora of towers and turrets.
The flying machines with their busy movements make the surrounding green landscape even more serene.
The puzzle comes in a sturdy box, with an A4 leaflet which is a great reference source. Jigsaw pieces are made from high quality cardboard, with linen finish print to minimise glare on the puzzle image.
Once completed, the puzzle measures 70x50cm.
This wonderfully wacky puzzle is suitable for ages 12+, and will make an excellent gift for any jigsaw puzzle lover. If there is such a person in your life, how about treating them for Christmas. I know I would be delighted to get a new puzzle for Christmas.


I usually finish my puzzles fast enough, but the last few weeks have been so busy and stressful, I haven't had a chance to sit quietly and enjoy my puzzle. So it is still very much a work in progress, as you can see from the photo above.
I love all the little details.



best jigsaw puzzles, Ravensburger puzzles


If you do puzzles regularly, or even occasionally, you might have come across a problem on how to keep a puzzle when the work is still in progress. Wonderful if you have a special table where you can keep it unmolested.
To find a big clear space for a big puzzle in our house is a bit of a problem. I tend to use a green mat, which I chuck under the sofa in the sitting room. I keep telling everyone to be careful as to where they put their feet, and warn my younger son not to climb under the sofa.
There are easier ways of course to assemble a puzzle.
Ravensburger offers a great solution for the problem to jigsaw puzzle fans - Puzzle Handy Storage Foldaway Puzzle Board. It arrived a few days later after I started working on my latest puzzle, and I decided to continue working on my old mat.



Next time it will be a new board surface. I love the fact that you can fold it away and keep safe in a box. Once open, it is big enough for a 1000- or 500-piece puzzle. It's manufactured from top quality FSC board, and unfolds to measure 80x57cm.
Unfold the board, add plastic securing brackets on each side to make it stay rigid.

You can use the dotted guidelines as a helpful frame for the puzzle.


This must-have board would be another super gift for any jigsaw puzzle addict.

Disclosure: I received both Ravensburger products for the purposes of reviewing. All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment