Saturday 30 July 2016

Marmalade polenta cake



I haven't baked a polenta cake for a long time. Having rummaged through the kitchen shelves, I found a couple of jars with remains of marmalade. These jars were taking shelf space, and I wanted to shift them. This cakey-baking result is a mix of two of my recipes - marmalade cake and orange polenta cake.


Marmalade polenta cake
Ingredients:
4tbsp marmalade
180g caster sugar
zest of 2 oranges
juice of 1/2 orange
4 medium eggs
50g ground almonds
90g polenta (dry, ground variety)
100g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
190g butter, melted

icing: juice of 1/2 orange + icing sugar

Mix sugar with marmalade, orange zest and juice and beat in eggs, one at a time. Add ground almonds, polenta, flour, baking powder and mix well. Melted butter goes in last. Mix the cake batter well until you get smooth runny consistency. Pour into an oiled cake tin and put the tin in the oven preheated to 180C.
Bake for about 40+ minutes. Check if the cake is ready with a wooden toothpick, if it comes clean, the cake is done.
Mix the icing sugar with orange juice until you get a runny icing, drizzle over the cake while it's still warm.

Since I have used the remains of the marmalade, I'm adding my recipe to the Kitchen Clearout linky at Madhouse Family Reviews.


1 comment:

  1. I've yet to make a polenta cake but I can imagine it has a lovely texture so I should definitely try it :) Thanks for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete