Wednesday 29 June 2016

Turkey steaks with a parmesan and pesto crust



I had a difficult day today, with a medical appointment out of town, which I have dreaded. Thankfully, it wasn't what I was afraid it might be. I arrived home, quite tired and drained emotionally, but still needed to cook dinner. Though my men professed they would be happy with just sandwiches and snacks, I cooked dinner for everyone: pasta for Eddie, soup and sandwiches for Sasha, and turkey steaks for my husband and myself.
Turkey steaks don't take a long time to cook, and I had a pack of pesto pots from Sacla which I wanted to try as a topping for the steaks. Sacla pesto is one of the foods you could probably find in my kitchen at any given time. It is a convenient cupboard staple, handy for any time you fancy a plate of spaghetti, a bowl of minestrone or a cauliflower cheese with an Italian twist.
Sacla has recently added pesto pots to their wide range of pesto products.

easy and quick dinner



Turkey steaks with a parmesan and pesto crust (serves 2)
Ingredients:
2 turkey steaks (230g)
2tbsp olive oil
1 Sacla pesto pot
3tbsp grated parmesan
a handful of pine nuts
sea salt
Put the steaks on the hot oiled grill pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Then place the steaks on a tray or ceramic dish, spoon the contents of pesto pot over the steaks. Put the tray in the oven preheated to 180C, cook for about 10 minutes, then add the pine nuts and grated parmesan, cook for another 5 minutes or until the steaks are cooked through.



Serve hot, with a simple salad.
I did a salad of mixed leaves, sliced tomatoes, cubed cheese and chopped spring onions. And because I love pickles, I also scattered a few baby onions on a plate as well/


Disclosure: Sacla pesto pots were part of the latest Degustabox food delivery box which I receive every month for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment