Saturday 23 April 2016

Photo diary: week 16, 366

It hasn't been the best week, what with Sash not sleeping well, money worries, and now that our boiler seems to have died, we are without the heating and hot water. And my blogging and photo-taking mojo is hiding somewhere too, if you find it, please send it my way. Our garden seems to be my only source of inspiration.


On Monday our friend Jen took me by car to the Burford garden centre to buy some tomato gro-bags. As my boys were at school, I had a chance to have a good look at the vintage china section. This glorious teapot painted with roses just asked for a new loving home, alas, I'm nearly broke this month, and teapots are not my priority.


I love these beautiful tulips in our garden. Not sure if these are some of the tulips my Mum planted last year.



On Wednesday we built a duvet fort with Eddie. Actually he's been playing forts quite a few times recently. Even today we had to bring the pillows and duvets down for the major construction.


The cover of the Tatler magazine really gives a clue as to what day it was. I have tasted the latest Twinings 90th birthday tea which I got from Waitrose a couple of weeks ago. It's a lovely black tea, albeit a bit boring.


In the night Eddie has suddenly developed a high temperature, so he stayed at home on Friday. I didn't go out either, as my husband was away. Only Sash went to school. So yet again, I only took the photos of the garden.
Garden is a place of my consolation and solace. Whenever I feel like steam would come out of my ears, I escape in the garden to calm down, just for a few minutes of silence.


Today was a busy day. Well, when is it not here?! After grocery shopping, I made a quick lunch of burgers with the aubergine dip and cheese.


16 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the money worries, hope you can sort them, and a big OH NO at the boiler packing in, what a nightmare.
    The burger looks nice
    The tulips look very pretty, one of my fav flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine! I love tulips, they are just beautiful, and make me think of my late Dad who used to buy bunches of tulips for Mum and me.

      Delete
  2. Oh no to the boiler, what a pain! Lovely shot of your garden, so pretty, I can see why you escape out there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BG man is in the house, as we speak, it seems he did a job of bringing it back to life, but we do need to think of replacing it, as it's not efficient at all.

      Delete
  3. Everything always happens at once. Hope the boiler can get sorted out soon.

    Your garden looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! Looks like we have it sorted for the time being, but still need to replace it some time soon.

      Delete
  4. You know I think these household appliances know when you least want to replace them. Hope you get it sorted soon. The garden looks lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erica! It's partially sorted. Still need to replace it some time soon.

      Delete
  5. the flower photo's are stunning, hope you get the boiler fixed, at least the warmer weather is coming. That burger looks divine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The weather has been funny these days, snowing one moment, another - full sunshine

      Delete
  6. Oh no! I hope things are better for you soon!
    That teapot is just beautiful and those burgers look so tasty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I fell in love with that teapot, alas, it won't be mine.

      Delete
  7. hi Galina, sorry to hear about a difficult week, hope things settle soon. I got the special edition tea and also think it is a bit boring but I love the tin and will use for the much more preferable lady grey :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fede. I mainly got that tea for the tin, I thought it might be a good photo prop. I'm sure I can jazz the tea up by adding some extras.

      Delete
  8. Now I want a burger, that looks so yummy. Love the tea pot and tulips too!
    #project366

    ReplyDelete