Saturday 16 April 2016

Photo diary: week 15, 366


Last Sunday was a rainy day, on Eddie's request we baked and decorated a batch of rainbow fish cupcakes.
I also spent the whole weekend, trashing the house, throwing things around, trying to find Eddie's bookbag for school. But as it happened, the bag was left  at school. Since we travelled on the last day of school, Eddie didn't pick up his bag on that day. With all the stressful trip I have completely forgot about it.


The first week of school was all about getting back into the routine of earlier mornings, so it took us a bit of adjustment. I feel so bad in the morning, waking up my boys who clearly don't want to be out of bed.
In the evening, weather permitting, I love to have a stroll in the garden. The delicate plum blossom in the dusk looks so pretty.


On Tuesday we received some Robinson Crusoe goodies including a small stash of masks, which Eddie has enthusiastically tried on.


I treated myself to The Glamour Spring Edit beauty box, mostly for the Moroccan oil and Mua Luxe 10 shade palette. I buy these beauty boxes from time to time, the problem is I never use all the products. It's either a nail polish which I don't wear or a tan product which I don't use, this time I don't like the perfume, it smells quite cheap.


I spotted a selection of Paul Hollywood baking mixes in Waitrose. I'm not the biggest fan of Mr Hollywood, but I can never resist new products, so I bought a couple of packs. The Belgian Chocolate Muffins happened to be really nice, I'm definitely going to buy another pack to keep in the pantry for whenever we fancy some quick choccie bakes. They were lush with whipped cream frosting. Top marks from us all.


Eddie's TV tastes cover a wide range - from Little Princess to Johnny English, from Goosebumps to Kung Fu Panda and more. He likes me to sit next to him, just in case it gets scary.



The Moon was visible quite early in the evening today, when the sky was still bright blue. Then while I walked around the garden, admiring the flowers, it was hidden behind the clouds.


14 comments:

  1. Lots of cakes - my tummy is growling now :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a cakey overload this week, as I also baked a carrot cake. :)

      Delete
  2. It's our last day of the holidays too so no doubt we'll be having the frenzied search later on today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrr at book bag hunting, very irritating.
    Love your moon pic, great detail on it.
    My son use to get me to sit at various parts of films as he knew when the sad/scary bits were. I think it is quite sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine! It is very sweet, when they do that, soon enough my little gentle soul will be embarrassed to have Mummy sitting next to him.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on the beauty box thing. I never wear nail polish unless I have someone apply it for me, so bottle of it are wasted on me.We'd forgotten the PE kit as we took H out of school for the last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erica, I don't even remember when I had a nail polish the last time. Glad to know I'm not the only parent who forgets things. :)

      Delete
  5. Those rainbow fish cupcakes are fantastic. So bright and they look so yummy!
    The picture of the moon is stunning...So strange to see it against such a blue sky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! These cupcakes were fun to make.

      Delete
  6. The muffins do look good - I never have much success with muffins, they always seem to sink! Beautiful blossom and moon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this Paul Hollywood mix, it's very chocolatey and the result is good.

      Delete
  7. stunning photo of the moon and I love all those cakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's the second time this year that I catch the Moon so clearly.

      Delete