Saturday 9 April 2016

Photo diary: week 14, 366

Another week of Easter holidays has whizzed by. We haven't been out much, as it was a rainy week.
Eddie put his pirate hat on Sash, and for some reason they both found it hilarious. They were giggling and I tried to snap them, but they moved around too much, so it's a bit out of focus. The standing lamp didn't help either. I like it, because it is reflects a playful mood.


Looking at our Italian photos, I realised that there are no photos of me, if you don't count one single snap taken by Eddie on my iphone, and it's not the best picture. When on Monday our friend Jen took us by car to the Burford garden centre, I asked her to take a photo of Eddie and me together.
I'm wearing my new hat, which I bought in Italy. It's actually a men's hat, but I really like it, and decided it is very "Annie Hall".



Hyacinths in the garden are blooming in full force. Alas, they seem to attract a myriad of tiny black beetles. I read that they are pollen beetles, and there is nothing you can do about them. If you spray the flowers with pesticides, it will also destroy the bees and ladybirds.


Plum trees look very pretty at the moment.



On Thursday we stayed at home all day, and Ed played with his new Plasticine Softeez set. That kept him busy for the whole of 20 minutes.



Yesterday dinner was a trout with samphire aka sea asparagus. I like the salty crunchiness of this plant.



In a typical English holiday fashion we got soaked on our visit to the Cogges manor farm. On the way back home, we spotted a Mummy duck with several cute ducklings who were covered in rain drops.


11 comments:

  1. We spotted a mummy duck with ducklings trailing behind her this week too but I didn't manage to get a good photo - yours is amazing, so clear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your shot, as they formed such a pretty flotilla.

      Delete
  2. Some lovely spring pictures this week. I think the salmon and samphire looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erica! The spring is all around, isn't it?! Love all the blossom.

      Delete
  3. Love the duckling picture with the droplets of water. Samphire is so nice but I haven't had it in years! Lovely hat as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I got this samphire in Tesco, but saw today they have it in Waitrose as well.

      Delete
  4. Aw, cute duckling. I love the blossom photo. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! I love looking at all the blossom in the garden and in town.

      Delete
  5. wow look at the detail on the duckling, between the raindrops and the fluffy down. I agree the fun in the photo of the two boys is fab, despite the lamp. sometimes imperfect pictures are better than perfect ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine, that duckling was surely very cute, braving the elements.

      Delete
  6. Love the hat, it really suits you, what a cute little duckling

    ReplyDelete