Monday 4 April 2016

Costa: coffee and smiles


While enjoying a pastry in a cafe in Ferrara (Italy) last week, I sipped a cup of latte and told my husband that I missed a Costa coffee. We have two Costa cafes in Witney, but we mostly frequent one of them. Every weekend my husband takes our older son out to Costa, which is his favourite cafe, and often Eddie and I join them.


When I read that for the third year in a row Costa has won Best Family Friendly at the Tommy's Awards, I was not surprised at all. Whenever we visit our local Costa, we are met with a friendly welcome.

If you haven't heard of The Tommy's Awards, they "recognise and celebrate the best family-friendly companies that help make the lives of parents and parents-to-be that little bit easier.
From a shortlist of 5, Costa received the most votes. This year 44,688 were cast, double the amount of votes received last year".
I didn't know about the votes, but if I knew, I'd have voted for Costa as well.

Not only because they make the best latte in town, but because there are not that many places were you feel at ease arriving with a child who has special needs.



The staff at our Costa are very friendly, they chat to Sasha, without being patronising. They actually talk to him rather than to us about him, as many people do when they find out that he is non verbal.


They are efficient, friendly, polite and it looks like they enjoy their job a lot. As we visit our local cafe so often, they already know what we like, and ask Do you want two medium lattes? And a slice of carrot cake? (Sasha's favourite). Eddie's choices depend on his mood and the seasonal availability.
In the last few weeks he's been craving the cornflake chocolate nests with Easter eggs, at Christmas he fancied mince pies and mini-logs.


I'm also glad to see that they have a selection of Twinings teas, though as I have all these teas at home, I prefer to order a cup of latte.
Costa has become a big part of our lives. For our older son it is a weekly treat as well as part of his weekend routine. For me, it's a much needed cup of coffee and five minutes of rest before I do a grocery shopping in town





Have you been out and about recently?

The out and about linky is a linky for places of interest you have visited, restaurants you have eaten out at, days out with the kids or without or holidays. Anywhere that gets you out and about. The linky is co-hosted with Dragons and Fairy Dust and stays open until the end of the month. If you have been anywhere recently why not link up? We love to find out about your adventures.

Rules of the linky

  • You can add up to three posts per month to the linky below. Please make sure they are no older than three months old and feature somewhere you have visited.
  • Tweet your link using #outandabout, if you include @ali991 and @maximka25 we will retweet for you.
  • We would appreciate if you visit other participating blogs and comment on some posts, after all, this is what the linky should be about. 
  • We would also appreciate it if you could add the #outandabout badge to your post so that other bloggers can find us.
    Your posts will be tweeted at least two times during the month and added to the out and about pinterest board.




4 comments:

  1. I rarely go to Costa, so nice they take the time to look after you well. I really should pop in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I used to really like it but now I hardly ever go because most of them in London serve terrible coffee, the same goes now for Caffe' Nero (which was my first ever job in London)> I now usually go to independent coffee shops as much as I can ... I am guessing your local Costa has kept the original quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the reasons I stopped going to Cafe Nero, their coffee quality has gone down. Used to like Cafe Nero. We have a couple of independent coffee shops that I visit as well, only without kids.

      Delete