Saturday 14 November 2015

Photo diary: week 46, 365

In a rush today, as tomorrow is Eddie's big day, he gets baptised in our local church. I'm just grabbing my head in despair, I still need to do so many things before the ceremony.
On Sunday we saw these Poppy mannequins in the window of M&S. I appreciate the gesture, but not quite sure they got it right. 


I've been trying to do a selfie in a mirror, and that's the best I can do.



We celebrated my husband's anniversary by going out in the evening. We went to The Fleece, one of our coffee haunts in the morning. The food was mostly excellent, and the cheese board was just great.



It is very odd for me to see roses in November, when I know from talking to my Mum, that they have snow already. Twenty years in the UK, and I'm still amazed at the mixed up seasons.


On Friday Eddie's school was fundraising for Children in need. Kids were invited to come to school with funny hair. Eddie has chosen to wear Shaun the Sheep's ears.



Here is the cake for tomorrow. I have bought a pre-made cake in Waitrose and only added an angel's feather from sugar paste. I don't have any special cake-making tools, so had to use a little knife.
I don't think Eddie was impressed, he would have preferred ninja turtles for sure. 


8 comments:

  1. That cake looks cool and I actually love the poppy heads but get what you mean though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't pop in enough to your lovely blog but when i do i always come away feeling a little bit happier. Your pictures are gorgeous and your cooking and baking is so impressive. I hope all goes well today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! It went well today, though I am exhausted by now. :)

      Delete
  3. Odd poppies - I do like the sparkly skirt on the mannequin though. An evening out with the OH sounds perfect and I like the look of that cheeseboard - would be perfect with a bottle of Prosecco :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started with Prosecco, then moved onto the Italian red. :)

      Delete
  4. the cake looks fab, i always look so serious when i try a mirror selfie i can't seem to look in the mirror

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Everyone seemed to enjoy the cake, must do another one.

      Delete