Monday 30 March 2015

Shaun the Sheep Easter egg with sheep ears

Easter egg, chocolate egg


Easter eggs have been on display in most supermarkets from before Valentine's day. At that time we didn't pay much attention to them, though I did have a quick look at what varieties were available. Now that Easter is almost around the corner, we started the serious business of Easter egg shopping. Choices, choices... Which variety, brand or style is your favourite? Which ones to choose? Eddie often accompanies me on a grocery shopping trip, and whenever we go through the Easter goodies' aisle, he does a beeline to a Shaun the sheep milk chocolate Easter egg with sheep ears. And who can resist it indeed?



Shaun the sheep Easter egg is produced by Divine, a well-known brand, with excellent Fairtrade credentials. It is the only Fairtrade chocolate company which is 45% owned by cocoa farmers. This Easter they created the cutest Shaun the sheep Easter egg.



The packaging is uber-cute, with recognisable googly eyes and velvety soft dark ears on a headband.
Even I was tempted to try it on (no images of me wearing the sheep's ears are available...).



Milk chocolate, used to create the egg, is very smooth and silky, melting in the mouth. It is quite sweet, probably would appeal more to those who have a sweet tooth like my husband and kids (I prefer the dark chocolate, like Divine dark chocolate with raspberries which is truly divine, or dark ginger and orange - another of my top favourites).


My guys are very fond of the milk chocolate, and the egg has disappeared super fast, in fact so fast that I realised I didn't take a picture of it unwrapped, and then it was gone.


This lovely chocolate Easter egg would make a great gift for any Shaun the sheep fan.
Which chocolate eggs did you buy?


Disclosure: we received Shaun the sheep Easter egg for the purposes of testing and reviewing. All opinions are Eddie's and mine.


4 comments:

  1. those ears are super cute. I do prefer buying freetrade goods, co-op is a great place to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute. Shame they don't do adult sizes! We're having an Easter Egg hunt on Friday and I managed to get my hands on some of Lidl's finest this year. TBH we try to ration the kids chocolate intake even over Easter but Shaun does look remarkably tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww we love shaun the sheep - how cute are those ears x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is ace and he looks so cute wearing those ears! I would be tempted to get one

    ReplyDelete