Wednesday 14 January 2015

Orange angel slices with pine nuts

I have been playing with my Angel food cake mix again. Since I bought a box of 6, I have been adding different ingredients and flavours to see which work the best. Today, when a friend came over, I decided we need a quick fix of cakey treats to go with our cups of coffee.
I didn't use the whole packet as I didn't want a big cake.

baking with cake mix, Angel food cake mix


Orange angel slices with pine nuts (makes 12 slices)
Ingredients:
1 orange, zest and juice
2 medium eggs
200g Angel food cake mix
100ml milk
40g ground almonds
30g pine nuts

Grate the zest of one orange in a medium mixing bowl, juice the orange and add to the zest. Beat it with the eggs. Add 200g angel food cake mix, milk and ground almonds.
Pour the cake batter in a greased brownie tin and scatter the pine nuts over it. The pine nuts will sink as the cake cooks.
Bake for 15 minutes at 180C.



Easy, yes, super-easy, and so quick too.
Slice the warm cake. Serve warm or cold.


This is a very versatile cake mix, by adding different ingredients, you get a whole variety of cakes. And to make these slices it takes less than half an hour from start to finish.


Adding this easy-peasy bake to #BakeoftheWeek linky run by lovely Helen at Casa Costello.


Casa Costello

6 comments:

  1. Love the flavours you have going on here, bet it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison! I could have added a bit more pine nuts, I think. :)

      Delete
  2. I love orange cake and love the addition of the pine nuts #bakeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love an easy peasy cake - especially containing orange flavour. Thanks so much for joining in with #Bakeoftheweek again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! I love orange-flavoured anything, and add the zest to lots of baked goodies

      Delete