Monday 29 July 2013

One happy boy and a Peppa Pig cake

"Mama, can I eat the cake?"
"No, Eddie, we are waiting for your guests and I will cut it later"
"Mama, can I lick it then?" And "Please, please... please!"





Peppa Pig and Eddie: it's a love from the first sight. Mama could be a good baker, but I cannot compete with the shop-bought Peppa Pig cake. Eddie's been talking about getting it for his birthday for days and days. We failed to find it in Penzance (we stayed in Cornwall on Eddie's birthday) but the trip to the local Sainsbury's saved the day, for Eddie's mini tea party we acquired the much coveted treasure.




Eddie loved it. The Lightbody Peppa Pig Celebration cake itself is a plain golden sponge with a bit of jam between the layers. But of course, the full glory of it is the favourite characters on the icing. And that you cannot beat, can you?!





Just look at this happy face! So much genuine joy and happiness! When do we lose that elusive overwhelming feeling of pleasure from simple things which you can experience in childhood? When do our emotions become jaded and we lose the talent of expressing our joy so sincerely and openly? A plain balloon brings a wave of ecstasy, a supermarket-bought cake leaves you deliriously happy... How wonderful! Truly magic moments.








blogbadge photo badge_zpsf0b88074.jpg

11 comments:

  1. Aww what a fab cake!!
    Bet it's all gone now...hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so happy - bless him, money can't buy that look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! He does look very happy! :)

      Delete
  3. awww i love it!! his little beaming face its priceless honey.

    thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so happy :) I hope my Little Man is happy with his Peppa Pig cake next week. I'm hoping to make one myself but at least I know I can get a nice one in Sainsbury's now if I need to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of making a Peppa Pig cake too, but as we have just returned from a trip to Cornwall and my husband had to leave the next day, I had no chance whatsoever to bake a cake. Would love to see what you create.

      Delete
  5. A lovely post and what a beautiful smile. It just shows that it doesn't take much to make birthdays perfect when you're small :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.
    I will always bookmark your blog and will come
    back down the road. I want to encourage you to continue your great posts, have a nice holiday weekend!

    Disney Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you find the Peppa pig cake already made in the box like that?
    Thanks,
    LaChelle Caillouet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LaChelle, this was from Sainsbury's, not sure if they still make it, as it was over 2 years ago.

      Delete