Monday 14 May 2012

Just Yu! and nobody else but Yu!

Eddie is our king of raisins, he would live on raisins alone given a chance. I have been buying Yu! yogurt-coated raisins for him for a few months, and he enjoys eating them very much.

When I was asked to review some of the new Yu! products, I immediately said Yes, please.

You might have seen Yu! products in the baking sections of Sainsbury's and Tesco among the dried fruit snacks.

Yogurt coated fruit pieces are availaible in strawberry, raspberry, blackcurrant and raisin (RRP£0.45 per single 25g pouch or £2.00 per 5 x 25g multipack).
They are delicious bites of real berries covered in a creamy yogurt coating. Perfect for the school lunchboxes and for snacking at home too. Kids will love these healthy snacks, they taste so good.



I say kids, but actually they are not just for kids. It is easy to carry a small bag of snacks with you in a purse, and enjoy with your cuppa in the office. You don't have to feel guilty for having a sweet treat. These snacks are made from real fruit and berries and are totally free from any added nasties.

 We first tried the little bag of yogurt coated raspberries, and they disappeared so fast that I didn't have a chance to take a photo. These are freeze-dried pieces of raspberries, naturally sweet and with a delicate taste of the yogurt coating.
Next it was the turn of the strawberries coated in yogurt, and they were lovely too.



What you see on a photo on a plate above are the strawberries coated in yogurt and 100% Jus Fruit (mango and blueberry).
100% Jus Fruit are delicious bite-sized pieces of dried fruit, one of your 5-a-day and less than 90 calories.They are made from more than 7.2 times its own weight in real fruit. The fruit has been concentrated into fruit pieces.100% Jus Fruit is available in 4 fantastic flavours: strawberry, blackcurrant, blueberry and mango. They retailat £0.67 per single24g pouch.



Eddie absolutely loved them. Alas, I cannot find them yet in the local supermarkets. They are basically little buttons of the concentrated fruit juice, full of flavour and slightly chewy. Hopefully they will appear soon locally. Personally I prefer them to the yogurt coated berries, they are delicious. I guess they might be lovely sprinkled on top of the granola in the morning, or added to Greek-style yogurts.


Yu! Bars - 40% fruit combined with cereal in a healthy yogurt coating. These bars are available in four different flavours: strawberry, cherry, wild berry and apricot. RRP £1.79 per 3x 30g bars.

I left trying the cereal bar until the very last moment, as I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I had
my share of the yogurt-based health bars that taste like cardboard.
But a strawberry Yu! bar happened to be a lovely surpise. It looks fun too: a layer of rice crispies with the bits of strawberries, all coated in yogurt. Eddie and I both had a half each, and it was
gone in 60 seconds. It has a delicate taste, with a nice crunch and well-balanced flavours. And it changed my view on the yogurt-coated cereal bars. Perfect for when you are feeling peckish.





2 comments:

  1. These look fabulous - I must try them with my son. He's pretty fussy but he does enjoy his fruit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of these, got to be better for me than a pack of chocolate biscuits!

    ReplyDelete